- January 1 - Effective date of current assessment
- April 1 - Assessment Notices mailed to the property owner
- April 2 - April 30 inclusive - Protest of assessment period for filing with the local Board of Review
- May 1 thru adjournment - Board of Review meets each year
- October 16 - October 25 inclusive - Protest period for filing with the Board of review on those properties affected by changes in value as a result of the Director of Revenue Equalization Orders (odd-numbered years)
- July 1 - The filing deadline for Homestead Credit, Business Property Tax Credit, Disabled Veterans Credit, and Military Exemption. Credit and exemption will appear on the tax statement received the following year.
Where do your property tax dollars go?
Board of Review
Term Ends: 12/31/25
Term Ends: 12/31/26
Term Ends: 12/31/28
Term Ends: 12/31/27
Term Ends: 12/31/24
Marion County Courthouse
214 E Main St
Knoxville, IA 50138
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Open through lunch hour.