Melcher-Dallas School Special Election
September 14, 2021
Archived Election DetailsThe Melcher-Dallas Community School District is holding a Special Election on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 with polls open from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Voters within the school district will vote at their normal polling location which is one of four relevant polling locations within the district. Please see the precinct list provided below and call us at 641-828-2217 with any questions.
Electors may vote for two vacant school board director positions and for or against the following proposition:
SHALL THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC MEASURE BE ADOPTED?
Shall the Board of Directors of the Melcher-Dallas Community School District in the County of Marion, State of Iowa, be authorized to contract indebtedness and issue General Obligation Bonds in an amount not to exceed $5,725,000 to provide funds to build, furnish, and equip a new gymnasium at the junior high/high school facility, including locker rooms, athletic facilities, classrooms, and related facility improvements; and including demolition of the existing gymnasium and attached classrooms; and related site improvements?
- Candidate Filing Period: Now - Friday, August 20
- The school secretary is the filing officer for school board candidates and must be open until 5:00 p.m. on August 20.
- First day for in person voting at the Auditor's Office: As soon as ballots become available.
- Last day Auditor may accept absentee ballot request for mailed absentee ballot: Monday, August 30, Auditor's office open until 5:00 p.m.
- Voter pre-registration deadline: Monday, August 30, Auditor's office open until 5:00 p.m.
- Last day to vote absentee in person at the Auditor's office: Monday, September 13.
- Absentee ballot receipt deadline: Tuesday, September 14 at 8:00 p.m.
- exceptions: UOCAVA and Safe at Home Ballots
SEE PRECINCT LIST BELOW TO REVIEW POLLING LOCATION INFORMATION.