Information Technology Systems Administrator & Help Desk
- Posted: September 1, 2023
- Status: Exempt
- Salary Range: $55,000 to $71,000
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm; On call hours required
The primary purpose of this position is to provide computer and technology support for County employees and to support and maintain the server and network infrastructure of Marion County. Perform troubleshooting, determine, and implement resolutions to various hardware and software issues. Assist the IT Director with network and server installation, support, and maintenance. Perform other duties as directed by the IT Director.
Please submit a resume.
• Support the day-to-day technology operations of County departments and employees.
• Document support requests, completed tasks, and technology projects
• Troubleshoot and resolve the root cause of unexpected technology failures or problems.
• Assist in the implementation and support of information technology projects
• Provide after-hours maintenance and support of network systems. Requires on-call 24x7 for significant network issues
• Work with software and hardware vendors to implement projects and resolve technology issues
• Assist in the development and delivery of training for County employees to facilitate skill development and efficient use of technology
• Assist the IT Director in significant software system purchasing decisions
• Assist in maintaining all County IT services, network servers, switches, firewalls, and applications
• Bachelor’s degree in networking, computer science, or a related field or a minimum of 3 years related on-the-job experience providing technology support or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to understand various computer technologies and concepts
• Expertise or knowledge of various systems such as LAN/WAN design, SAN, Microsoft Hyper-V, Office 365, MS SQL Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS Layer2-3 Routing, IP Telephony, Network Printer, RDP, VPN, and Firewall Administration
• Familiarity with SQL or basic database experience
• Have an understanding of operating systems such as Windows 11, Windows Server 2019, and 2022
• Have an aptitude to learn various network technologies and their relationship to proper operations of a network environment
• Have an aptitude to learn and understand the various roles and components of desktops, workstations, and servers, including hardware, operating systems, and software applications
• Valid Driver's License