Jailer - 2 positions available
- Posted: May 13, 2021
- Closes: May 24, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary Range: $17.55 to $21.16
- Hours: Day, afternoon and night shifts as needed and or scheduled
Please submit your completed application to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, ATTN: Lt Justin Kingrey, 211 N Godfrey Lane, Knoxville IA 50138. These vacancies remain open until filled.
- Intake and supervision of Marion County jail detainees, detainee transports, maintaining accurate records and other duties as required.
- Successful applicant will attend the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy’s 40-hour Jail Certification Course.
- Requires a basic knowledge of Iowa Administrative and Criminal Code and departmental policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to use computer, copier, printer, telephone, and fax
- Good driving record
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including a criminal history check
- After conditional job offer, the successful candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment physical including drug screening and psychological testing.