Sunny · 84°
Melcher-Dallas School Special Election Results can be found hereElection Results

Part-Time Male Jailer

Apply Online

Job Description

  • Part-Time
  • Posted: September 7, 2021
  • Closes: September 17, 2021 at 4:00 pm
  • Status: Non-Exempt
  • Salary Range: $18.08 per hour to $21.79 per hour
  • Hours: Day, afternoon, and night shifts as needed/scheduled

Job Summary

This position is eligible for IPERS under the Protection Occupation.  Current contribution rates are as follows,  member 6.21% and employer 9.31% for a total of 15.52%.

Job Duties

  • Intake and supervision of Marion County Jail detainees, detainee transports, maintaining accurate records, and other duties as required
  • Successful applicant will attend the Iowa Law enforcement Academy's 40-hour Jail Certification Course. Requires basic knowledge of Iowa Administrative and Criminal Code and departmental policies and procedures

Job Qualifications

  • High School Diploma or GED
  • Ability to use a computer, copier, printer, telephone, and fax
  • Good driving record
  • Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including a criminal history check

Apply Online

Job Description

More Job Openings

Please see our Employment section of the website for additional job opportunities in Marion County.