Reserve Deputy - Volunteer
- Posted: November 4, 2021
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary Range: 0.00 to 0.00
- Hours: As needed or special assignments
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Reserve Deputy.
A Reserve Deputy for the Marion County Sheriff’s Office helps supplement the full-time services of the office by providing law enforcement services for a variety of special events including high school sporting events, concerts, parades, Pella Tulip Time, and the Knoxville Raceway sprint car races among various other special assignments. Reserve deputies can also be called upon to assist in criminal investigations, inmate transports, and patrol duties.
If there are any questions regarding this position, they can be directed to Lt. Andrew Schuchhardt at 641-828-2220.
All applicants must meet the state hiring standards which include;
- Must be at least 18 years of age and under the age of 65.
- Must possess a high school diploma or possess a GED equivalent certificate.
- Must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of Iowa.
- Must have a valid Iowa driver’s license.
- Must pass a thorough background check to ensure the applicant is of good moral character.
- Must pass a medical physical including a hearing screening and vision test.
-Vision must not be worse than 20/100 (uncorrected), corrected to 20/20.
All applicants must complete the Iowa State Reserve Peace Officer Certification process within 18 months of hire.