SA 1-C Emergency Planner
- Posted: September 29, 2021
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Hours: Monday - Friday; 8 am - 4:30 pm
This is a grant-funded position, expected to last until June 30, 2023. During the Project Period, the Contractor shall establish, expand, train, and sustain the public health workforce to support jurisdictional COVID-19 prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery initiatives, including school-based health programs.
- Work with Service Area 1-C preparedness staff and stakeholders in preparedness activities.
- Provide advanced emergency preparedness plan writing and exiting plan revision technical assistance at each assigned local public health agency and the service area level.
- Responsibilities will include updating current response plans, developing and implementing emergency plans and operating procedures based on after-action reporting from Covid-19
- Make recommendations on policies and procedures either new or revision of existing plans to ensure an effective ongoing response and recovery from COVID-19 at the service area level
- Assist all assigned service area members in ensuring all agencies have a full understanding of emergency plans and procedures.
- Review local and service area plans and procedures as appropriate making recommendations for revisions or updates based on COVID-19 after-action planning.
- Work directly with all service area members including Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
- Review of plans and updates will ensure conformance with applicable state authorities and federal requirements related to the ongoing response and recovery from COVID-19
- Will coordinate, collaborate and take direction from IDPH staff
- High School Graduation
- Prefer degree or work toward bachelor’s degree in health, social work, human services, emergency management training or nursing, or related degree
- Background check
- Fluent use of Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT, and other Windows-based programs as required by the position