SA 1-C Health Equity Coordinator
- Posted: September 29, 2021
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Hours: Monday - Friday; 8 am - 4:30 pm
This is a grant-funded position, expected to last until June 30, 2023. During the Project Period, the Contractor shall establish, expand, train, and sustain the public health workforce to support jurisdictional COVID-19 prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery initiatives, including school-based health programs.
- Work with Service Area 1-C preparedness staff and stakeholders in preparedness activities.
- Coordinate with the IDPH equity coordinator and disability manager for COVID to evaluate the demographic and geographic categories in the assigned service area.
- Use Social Vulnerability Index, BRFSS, and other identified data sources to determine disparities experienced by people in the service area
- Increase engagement of disparate partners/stakeholders, including persons with disabilities, minority groups, language barriers, etc in public health covid preparedness planning and accessible response activities
- Develop and conduct a community needs assessment at the local and service area levels to identify gaps and barriers to engage in covid testing or vaccination activities
- Identify recovery and resilience needs in the local and service area
- Work with local public health and health care coalition members to increase the ability of public health workers to deliver accessible covid-preparedness responses and ability to access services
- Develop infographics and social media messages to share data collected and analyzed with local leadership to demonstrate gaps and challenges for disparate populations
- Work directly with local public health in the service area to disseminate products/messages to engage the identified population in ongoing COVID-19 response and recovery efforts.
- Will coordinate, collaborate and take direction from IDPH staff
- High School Graduation
- Prefer degree or work toward bachelor’s degree in health, social work, human services, nursing, or related degree
- Must pass a background check
- Must be comfortable with communicating and interacting with a wide variety of constituents of varying backgrounds
- Fluent use of Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT, and other Windows-based programs as required by the position