SA Education Exercise Coordinator
- Posted: September 29, 2021
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Hours: Monday-Friday; 8 am - 4:30 pm
This is a grant-funded position, expected to last until June 30, 2023. During the Project Period, the Contractor shall establish, expand, train, and sustain the public health workforce to support jurisdictional COVID-19 prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery initiatives, including school-based health programs.
• Work with Service Area 1-C Preparedness staff and stakeholders in preparedness activities.
• Provide education and ongoing exercise delivery related to COVID-19. Provide training, guidance, strategy generation, goal setting, and problem-solving to service area members.
• Identifies, provides advanced planning, coordination, and delivery of educational programs particularly related to COVID-19 and public health disaster/terrorism preparedness and response to local and regional first responders, hospitals, public health agencies, and health care practitioners. Special emphasis is placed on incident/unified command structure, emergency operating procedures, preparedness, infectious disease outbreaks, detection and investigations, and other public health emergencies.
• Assist and complete actual event after-action reports to identify and carry out educational goals, objectives, and activities with local and service area healthcare coalition members to address gaps in response to all response activities and recovery efforts from COVID-19 after action planning, integrating all emergency activities as needed.
• Coordinate, collaborate, and take direction from IDPH staff.
High School Graduation
Prefer experience in hospital, nursing, public health, EMS, fire or rescue settings
Prefer trained and experience in NIMS and Exercise Design
• Background check
• Fluent use of Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT, and other Windows-based programs as required by the position
• Valid Driver’s license