Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Appointments are NOT needed to pay property taxes.
Parcels are assigned a unique 10 digit number listed on tax statements.
Pay online with eCheck for .25 cents or credit card for 2.25%.
You must have the 5-digit receipt number located on your most current tax statement to pay online.
Your receipt number is found:
- on your tax statement that was mailed in the fall,
- on the Beacon Schneider website under Tax History section,
- or by looking up a copy of your tax statement here (link to the real estate & tax inquiry website).
If you’re unable to find it in either of these places, please call or email our office.
Please know that a copy of all Marion County real estate tax statements are available online through our Real Estate and Tax Inquiry page. There you can download a printable PDF statement. Paper statements are also mailed out annually in August to the homeowner. Escrow companies can obtain this information if needed.
Payment may also be paid over the phone by credit card only for an additional fee of 2.25%.
- Property taxes may be paid in two installments.
- The first half is due September 1 and becomes delinquent October 1
- The second half is due March 1 and becomes delinquent April 1
- Delinquent interest accrues at the rate of 1.5% per month, rounded to the nearest dollar with a minimum of a dollar.
- In office with cash, check or card (cards accepted for an additional fee),
- Dropbox (on the south side of the courthouse)
- Mail postmarked
- By phone (payment may be paid over the phone by card, only for an additional fee of 2.25%)
Accepted Credit Cards
Notice of Delinquent Taxes
The law requires:
- A notice be sent to property owners who have outstanding taxes as of November 1 and May 1.
- A notice of the annual tax sale shall be mailed not later than May 1 to the person in whose name the parcel subject to sale is taxed
- Payments for redemption from tax sales must be paid by guaranteed funds. The rate of interest required by Iowa law to be paid in a redemption is 2% per month.
Delinquent taxes as of May 1 are assessed a publication fee and must be advertised for sale at the annual tax sale in June.
For more information about property taxes, please check out our frequently asked questions section.